Before entering this cave you should definitely come fully prepared and always expect the worse to happen, because in ARK, it always does.
I have put together a small checklist of things you should bring with you.
1. A bed or a sleeping bag. There are many ledges to fall from, you may die A LOT
2. Good Armor: If you can afford it, bring an extra set. Every piece you are wearing, will most like end up destroyed! There are a ton of nasty animals that that will kill you as you make your descent toward the artifact. Some of these are the Scorpion, Areneo, and the Onyc.
3. Bring a longneck rifle, or a pistol, and a ton of extra bullets for protection.
4. Grappling Hook or Thylacoleo: THIS IS A MUST, or you won't get back out ;)
5. Parachute because you will most likely fall!
6. I do recommend making a lazarus chowder and some healing brews if you aren't bringing an animal in with you.
Upon entering the cave there is nothing that will harm you. You will come to a small pond, jump in. To your right you will see a ledge, that is the entrance to the cave.
Stay as close to the left as possible. The Onyc's have almost knocked me off quite often. They don't usually fight alone.
Be careful of the spiders! They shoot webs making it impossible to run away!!
To view a complete walkthrough of the cave, please follow the link to my videos.
One is a team cave effort and the other is solo!
Team Cave.Click Here
Solo Cave. Click Here
Please feel free to leave a comment below!!